Monday, September 08, 2008
Day 3 & 4 - Day at Sea and Athens, Greece
Athens was so amazing! I didn't know much about Acropolis and the Parthenon ahead of time but I was fascinated by the magnitude of the structures. It amazes me how they could have built these buildings over 2000 years ago.
We had a tour of the Acropolis in the morning and then spent the entire afternoon on our own exploring the city and ruins. It was extremely hot! It felt like about 40 degrees celcius. We drank tons of water but by 2 pm I thought I was going to faint. We decided to go find a cafe to take a break and have some lunch. We had souvlaki but were a little disappointed. We thought the souvlaki here in Canada is better.
After lunch we both felt much better and enjoyed the rest of our site seeing and shopping. We got back to the ship just before 6 pm. We had such a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I was at costco the otherday and there is a coffee table book on the fall of Rome. It had lots of pics in it that I reconized from your trip! It just is so unfair that you got to see it all!! The pics are great! What a good idea of Cyrils to plan it all with out your help!! TOO LUCKY!!
These pictures are amazing! I'm loving the Cyril statue! :)
Post a Comment