Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Not So Typical Day at the Zoo!

So yesterday Krista and I took the kids to the zoo since it was the first nice day this week. Elizabeth and Emma both brought a friend with them. It started out as a beautiful, warm, sunny day but that changed quickly. While we were inside looking at the stingray exhibit, it started pouring rain outside. After waiting it out for 15 mins we decided it didn't look like it was about to end anytime soon, so when the rain lightened a bit we made a run for it. At first I was trying to stay as dry as possible but quickly realized it wouldn't make any difference. We must have looked hilarious as we ran by sopping wet as most other people were under shelter. We had a blast, laughing and even splashing in the big puddles along the way since we were already so wet. It turned out to be nice and sunny again by the time we had made it to the van! There were a couple of huge puddles in the parking lot and so the crazy girls played in there for a while too. It was a trip to the zoo the girls won't soon forget!

2 comments:

Leishman's said...

Hee hee!! I am kinda glad I went to Calaway Park!!! We didn't get wet!! At least you made fun out of the wet situation.

MoxleyH said...

Ha Ha... you are soaked! That was the day I was making bows and our garage flooded. Hmm, it would have been way funner at the zoo then cleaning up.