On Wed morning, I rented a car and started out on the 4 hour drive to Pasco with 3 kids, no DVD player and a printed out map of a portion of the way. I thought I knew the way ... just straight on the I90 the whole way.
WRONG.
After seeing a sign to turn off south to Yakima, I got a feeling that maybe that's were I should be going. I kept driving and saw another sign saying Spokane --- miles (I can't remember the exact distance). I decided I was probably going the wrong way and so I turned off at the next rest stop. I called my cousin Jessica to ask directions. She wasn't sure so she would ask her husband and call me back. There was a big map on the wall by the washrooms but it didn't say "You are here" so I had no idea where I was. Just then a guy pulled into the rest stop so I asked him to point out on the map where we were. He was so nice. We realized I should have turned off to Yakima, about 20 mins earlier, and then he pulled out his maps and found an alternate route for me to take since I had already gone so far. Luckily there was a secondary highway not too far ahead that would be almost as fast as the other way. I was really grateful for the kind stranger who helped me otherwise I might have ended up who knows where! After about 5 hours we finally pulled up to Jessica and Luke's house. They even had dinner waiting for us! The kids were so happy to be out of the car and I was too!! I decided I might have to splurge and buy a DVD player for the way back to Seattle just to keep my sanity!
The next 2 days we just stayed at Jessica's house and played. Shayla and Tia had school so my kids played together with Howie until they came home. They live on an acreage and the weather was beautiful. The kids even got to go in their hot tub.
WRONG.
After seeing a sign to turn off south to Yakima, I got a feeling that maybe that's were I should be going. I kept driving and saw another sign saying Spokane --- miles (I can't remember the exact distance). I decided I was probably going the wrong way and so I turned off at the next rest stop. I called my cousin Jessica to ask directions. She wasn't sure so she would ask her husband and call me back. There was a big map on the wall by the washrooms but it didn't say "You are here" so I had no idea where I was. Just then a guy pulled into the rest stop so I asked him to point out on the map where we were. He was so nice. We realized I should have turned off to Yakima, about 20 mins earlier, and then he pulled out his maps and found an alternate route for me to take since I had already gone so far. Luckily there was a secondary highway not too far ahead that would be almost as fast as the other way. I was really grateful for the kind stranger who helped me otherwise I might have ended up who knows where! After about 5 hours we finally pulled up to Jessica and Luke's house. They even had dinner waiting for us! The kids were so happy to be out of the car and I was too!! I decided I might have to splurge and buy a DVD player for the way back to Seattle just to keep my sanity!
The next 2 days we just stayed at Jessica's house and played. Shayla and Tia had school so my kids played together with Howie until they came home. They live on an acreage and the weather was beautiful. The kids even got to go in their hot tub.
Mateya and Shayla rock climbing.
They made it to the top!
Tia
Howie
Later we went to my Aunt Carol-Lynn and Uncle Scott's house for dinner. Two of my other cousins and their families were there as well. It was really great to see everyone after so many years!
2 comments:
Oi. Parabéns por seu excelente blog. Gostaria de lhe convidar para visitar meu blog e conhecer alguma coisa sobre nossa luta contra o comunismo aqui no Brasil. Abração
Such cute pictures! We had such a fun time while you were here. I was so glad you came :) Hope you are having a fun summer. Today was my last day at school until the 24th of August. Hooray!
Post a Comment