So I just got home from 3 hours in the Children's Hospital emergency with Holton. Don't worry nothing too major just a dislocated elbow. He is doing fine now that it is all over but he has had quite the day.
Earlier today he fell and cut his lip and gums at Sherilyn's house. He bled quite a bit but nothing serious. Thanks Sherilyn for watching him today! We get home after picking up kids from school and then have to drive Cyril to meet up with his friends because they are heading out of town for a golf weekend. After I drop Cyril off Mateya, Jaidyn and I decided to go to Walmart to check out a few things and then get Chinese food for dinner. We weren't in the store more than 5 mins when it happened. Jaidyn was sitting in the bottom of the cart with Holton on her lap and I tried to move her backwards so she could lean back. Somehow I must of pulled Holton's arm or he was holding on to the cart and the next thing I know I hear a pop and he starts screaming. I knew instantly what was wrong because this has happened to both girls before. I tried to wiggle it a bit hoping it would pop back into place but had no such luck.
I took him to a Walk in Clinic a few minutes away and waited there for and hour before they told me they could do nothing and sent me to the Children's Hospital. By this time it was about 6:30 and none of us had eaten supper, I couldn't get a hold of my mom and none of my sisters were home. Jay said he could watch the girls while I took Holton (Sherilyn was at work) so I dropped them off with a slurpee and some chocolate bars. Thanks Jay for feeding them and babysitting!
Anyway, it was a long night for me and my poor little Holton. I hope the rest of the weekend goes more smoothly while Cyril is away otherwise it will be a very long weekend!
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Poor Holton! Good thing they bounce back so fast, it is most likely a distant memory for him! When ever Lucas is out of town crazy things always happen, flooded basement, frozen pipes, car won't start, there is always some sort of drama that I can't handle. I hope the rest of your weekend is un-eventful!!
The same thing happened to Brynnlee! The worst part was getting the bill for the simple pop-in procedure!
Post a Comment