Well, today is my 32nd birthday and most of the day went well. Mateya had a PD Day so she didn't have school today and we spent the day playing games and hanging out. Oh, the girls also helped me put away some laundry (can't escape housework even if it is my birthday). When Cyril came home from work we decided to go out for dinner to Jack Astor's (I did enough housework for the day!) which turned out to be quite the ordeal. After our food arrived the chaos began. First of all a silly little fly was buzzing around our table for a good 10 mins and would not leave us and our food alone. Then Holton, who is now grabbing at everything, spilled sweet and sour sauce all over the table in front of him. We got that cleaned up and then, just as our server brought me a refill of pop, Holton grabbed it and had the entire glass spill in his lap. He didn't cry even though he was sopping wet and cold and we had to strip him down to his undershirt in the middle of the restaurant. Cyril decided to take him to the van so I could finish up my already cold steak. A few minutes later Mateya complained that her tummy was feeling sick from eating so much. Another minute later she was running to the bathroom to throw up. We then quickly paid the bill and managed to escape the restaurant without any other major catastrophies. It was quite the Birthday dinner!
Despite our dinner, I had a great birthday. My wonderful husband and kids got me some beautiful roses and a new travel case for all my scrapbook supplies. I also had a yummy dinner at my mom's yesterday with all my brothers and sisters and their families except for Kim, Jeff and their kiddies (we wish you could of been there). Thanks everyone for the cards and gifts!
I was also able to go out to a movie Saturday night with Jacinda and Stefani. It was nice to have a girls night out again!
Now that the day is done I will hopefully relax, go to bed early, and wake up to a less chaotic day tomorrow...I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!
PS-Happy Birthday to my niece Maren who turns 1 today!! Hope you had a wonderful birthday too!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds like you had a crazy dinner. Happy Birthday again. I was going to call you today, but I have way to distracted packing and forgot. Have a good one. See you in a few weeks
Sherilyn
don't forget, its Sawi's birthday tooo... hahahaha. just kidding, Happy Birthday Karla.
Don
Happy Birthday to you. We did remember! I wrote a note to you on our blog. I hope that you got it. We were thinking of you all day. We had a dinner out once where we had to strip Cassandra down to her underwear too.
Hello! I just saw your link on Sherilyn's blog! How fun! Your kids are adorable! Whenever Shayla see's the picture of her and Mateya when they were babies she always says "tell me about my cousin" And I don't have much to tell! So now I will have to show her your blog so she can learn all about her "cousin"!
Happy late birthday!
~Jessica
Post a Comment